Search

Loading...

About Me

My Photo
Mary
I'm a Mother of 2 children. I am Grandmother of 1 Granddaughter. I am married to a wonderful husband who is supportive in all my adventures. I enjoy scrapbooking, cardmaking, recording family history,crocheting and woodworking. And Of Course spending time with my Family.
View my complete profile

Contact Me

Please Email All Questions To: Contact Me Thank You!

Subcribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stinkin' Cute Blog Award

Stinkin' Cute Blog Award
Thanks Jana!

Butterfly Award

Butterfly Award
Thank You RockinRenee

Stylish Blog Award

Stylish Blog Award
Thank You Caprice!
Powered by Blogger.

My Sister Site

. Welcome To The Sister Site To Mary's Crafty Designs Your welcome to subscribe to my blog by email and start following me on Google.
Saturday, March 16, 2013

Google Reader Shutting Down July 1, 2013

I want to make my readers aware that Google announced that they are shutting down Google Reader down on July 1, 2013. This means we will no longer be able to read the blogs we are subscribed to in google reader after July 1, 2013.  This will not affect those who are subscribed to me by email. You will continue to get your email updates as usual.

I don't want anyone to miss out in transferring your subscribed blogs in Google Reader to another app. I want you  to be able to continue reading the blogs your subscribed to because after July 1, 2013 you will no longer have your blog list available in Google Reader. So you won't be able to transfer them to another app.

I've been looking for an alternative RSS Reader and I found one I like.

It is called Feedly. Here is the direct link to their website http://www.feedly.com/

I've been doing some digging and found some articles on the Feedly. I put the links for them below.

http://noshon.it/blog/2013/03/google-reader-alternatives-feedly-vs-bloglovin/#.UUPa6KUq-xY




http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416675,00.asp




I love the android app for this. There is also an app for apple users.

Then there is a browser extension to use with Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox.

I have been sitting here playing with the Feedly app for a couple days now.

The features I like about feedly are:

  • You can easily import your Google Blogs your subscribed to in Google Reader.
  • You can catagorize the blogs you read.
  • You can save and tag articles you want to see again and again for ideas.
  • It's easy to use.
  • I like the short description to the blog posts and photos.
  • When you click on the link you can read the full post right in Feedly.
  • When viewing blog posts that are not in the feed. In Firefox on the bottom lower right hand side is a menu box. Click on the green bookmark and the page you are viewing is saved into your feedly app. This is so cool.
I've been spending time looking for blogs with Craft Storage Ideas.
Being able to save the posts I like and sorting them out with tags is so convient and fun.
It sure makes referencing back to something you like easy.

To me this feature is like having your own personal Pinterest site right there in Feedly.
With the full view to the articles when you click on the link directly in the feedly app.

I hope everyone makes the transition as easily and seemlessly as I have.

Mary

2 comments:

Ladybug said...

Thanks for sharing this, Mary. This completely slipped my mind and something sent me to your blog today. Now I know why. :-)

Denise said...

I'm your new follower.We seem to have a lot in common.Please drop by for a cup of tea/coffee and We can chat if you like :) Denise from Coffeeberry Cottage

What are your blogging Interests?

My First Crafting Book

My First Crafting Book
Click on the picture for Free Dowload

My Sister Site

My Sister Site
Scrapbooking Grandma Crafts

Followers